Moving on up?!?
Well it's been a little crazy here lately but I think the sun is finally going to start shining on me...literally.
I was told today that my department has 2 people that they plan on hiring. I'm hoping that I will be able to train one of them to take over my shift so that I can move to daylight hours and get some more time on the switcher. Also Jenna Hatfield (Swearingen to all us WC people) is almost due and will be on maternity leave for a few months so the new people will give us more flexibility with schedules since she clearly will not be able to work. So I'm hoping that my nocturnal lifestyle will be ending soon...wouldn't that be a great b-day present to me!! :) But I can't get my hopes up too high because we all know what happen last time :(
More good news...I worked at the football game on Friday night and it made me miss working on Titan crew. I was in charge of replays...just where I started with Chuck...but we don't have a truck (or cool ambulance). Our switcher is an Anycast system which looks like a laptop that shows all the different screens and has a switcher built into it. Maybe one day I'll be able to TD a game. I was even able to give the director some ideas from what we did on Titan crew...I was definitely in my element. Gary (the director) wants me to help out with the games for the whole season but I have to see what my schedule will be like because master control comes first...games have to be second priority.
*Side note* Another anchor/reporter is leaving our station...turnover here is crazy because people are constantly moving up to higher markets. I know it's posted on TVjobs.com but I'm not sure where else it's listed if anyone is interested.
But anyway...hopefully the next time I post I will be off the night shift...or at least in transition. Until next time!! :)

5 Comments:
Great news, DalBon! I'm excited for you!
I'm going to pass the job opening over to a bunch of people in the Page Program. There's a few looking for reporter/anchor jobs.
I hope you can find this comment amidst all the spam
Yes, what's up with all the spam?!
I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Even if the transition isn't immediate (say before your birthday), it sounds like it's going to be soon enough. GO GIRL!
It's good that you're sharing your ideas & what you've learned from Titan Crew with your director. Maybe he'll come to YOU when he needs ideas or feedback, since now he knows the "expert" that you are :):)
Miss u. Keep up the good work!
grr...boo to spam! but hi! and yay for maybe trying not to be nocturnal! It sucks for me cuz mostly I work til about 2 am or so, but then other times , especially when im in traffic, i have to get up at 4:30 am , so my sleep pattern is a wreck. at least yours is sorta consistant? hehe
Thanks for the heads up on the anchor/reporter job.
Brian Campbell is writing his alumni paper on John Mikulas. Isn't that who you did, too?
Melissa DePaul is writing hers on Mindy Neal. That makes me feel old!
Post a Comment
<< Home