Monday, May 09, 2005

Much needed venting

Okay I understand that these blogs are supposed to be professional and such but I think this is something that needs to be said and that my fellow capstone class and underclassmen will be able to relate to and need to hear for sometime in the future.

Titan Radio and WCN is REAL!! Just because we are a college station doesn't make us any less professional then a commercial station!! Everyone involved does everything possible to make it look and sound incredible!

I don't want to go into details since the cause of this entry deals with people I work with, but I felt it needed to be said. So just as a note please don't let people put you down because of your work. We have more experience than some people that I'm working with now and have so much more to offer because of our program.

....on that note underclassmen I hope you have a great summer, and seniors enjoy senior week...I'll see ya on Saturday!!

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

heh.

yeah, there's a difference between non-commercial and NOT REAL.

Good call. Sorry things are aggravating? LOL

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Amy's frustration is something I can indentify with as I hear our own students and non BC faculty say it all the time. We're a professional, non-commercial operation. Our audience is just as real as any small market. We approach our work as professionals. We do more live, long format remote productions than any commercial operations. Just remember you must explain and overcome the "stereotype" of what people have of radio and TV people in college.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

i'm having such a hard time figuring out what to do with this job thing..

If it was full time it would be a much easier decision... Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home