Finally an update
It's been a while but that's because there was no way I could make my nocturnal life sound even remotely interesting enough to post anything. But finally after being here 6 months things are starting to pick up.
Side note real fast...congrats to Tandi about the dance coordinator position for the Pittsburgh Explosion.
And talk about a small world...the new sports guy that we hired came from WDNN...the station that Sebas now works for.
Okay now that I have that out of the way...let's talk about me.
I'm still nocturnal so I don't have anything exciting about that...however...I had a meeting with my new boss. He wanted to get a chance to meet everyone and know a little about our background and goals and stuff. He seemed impressed with my experience from school and he told me that once we get the new switcher running (next month hopefully) I need to get more time on the board...so even if I stay on this schedule I will at least be doing some TDing instead of just running tapes.
In fact Sunday night the woman I was supposed to work with got sick so I had to step up and switch the 11 newscast and we had a photog stay to help run tapes.
Then I got an email when I got into work today from my boss asking if I could help out with the Muskingum College football game. After my meeting he talked to Brian Wagner who is in charge of production and said that I would be able to help out since I had so much football experience from WC. So hopefully I'll be able to do more with that...plus the college is across the street from my apartment so it would be super convenient.
To top the night off as I was getting ready to leave Dave, our director, asked me to stay and help because the camera guy called in sick again. Since I stepped up the last time he was hoping I could help out again. It was so nice to be recognized by other people here that I'm skilled enough to help outside of master control.
All in all I guess you can say that things are going well. So that's about it for me...I'll try to update a little sooner for all you stalkers...aka Megan JK :)

4 Comments:
I'm the first stalker to leave you a comment, haha :)
Glad things are going so well. I miss you TONS, Amy D.!
way to be amy!
wth is faceprint??
Anyways, just wanted to see if you're making the trip to Pittsburgh this weekend 'coz I AM!! :)
Another cool tv blog. Sweet!
http://newscastdirector.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment
<< Home