Sunday, March 04, 2007

I got a new job!! Again!

Alright...I've only been out of school since Dec of 2004 and I'm already on my 3rd job. Wow that makes me sound so indecisive. But seriously though every job I've taken has always been a promotion (considering salary, location, job description, etc...) so I guess that's actually an impressive statistic. I have left the world of master control to be an audio tech/ assistant director. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I finally got a job where I can get back in the director's chair.

Now before you get all excited thinking that I have a fabulous new job I must tell you...I don't. I'm still working in the same building as WPGH but now I'm working for a company called Azcar who is a client of Sinclair (the company that owns WPGH). What we do is create interactive distance learning broadcasts that illustrate to broadcast engineers around the country how to transition from ENG to Digital ENG. So I'm not directing newscasts or sports but it's giving me an opportunity to learn on the different equipment and have a great addition to my resume.

The only down side to this is that the job is slated to end Dec 2008. So I'll be unemployed after next Christmas but I will also have the ability to apply for new jobs that I wasn't able to before (director, TD, audio) with this experience now.

I've only been working here since Wednesday so we are still working some bugs out of the broadcast but I think after we have this full week to work, everything will go a lot better. So much for my life being boring. :) I'll be sure to update later this week and let you know how the new job is working out.

5 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

sweet! congrats on the new job (even if the end date is in sight)

i got a little lax on reading/writing blogs for awhile but it's good to see you're back too!

i got a new job too!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger B. Weaver said...

You're all new tech and everything!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Tandi Lane said...

Congrats on your new job Sarah!!!! That's awesome!!!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Tandi Lane said...

OMG, AMY!!!!!! I'm so sorry! I just realized I called you Sarah!!! I was looking at her blog and thought this was her's!!! Well, even better!! Congrats girl!! You rock!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

You're so quiet...what's new?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home