Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Welcome to the world of a media professional

Well so much has happened in the last few days I feel like I've been in Ohio for 3 months rather than 3 days. I'm working on making my apartment "homey" to quote Meg :) So far I haven't done so great...working the first shift means an early bedtime so decorating loses to getting sleep.

My job is going sooooooo well. I started yesterday and for the most part just watched as Tom (the morning operator) trained me on all the different equipment and assignments. I work the first shift all this week 7AM - 3PM. It's the best shift to learn everything because you have the news cut-ins during the morning shows, and then the noon newscast, and the show feeds and promos that you have to record and produce, plus take transmitter readings for both the TV and radio stations.
Today was more hands-on. I worked with Linda and she said to do whatever I felt comfortable with. So I handled all the commercials during network shows and I even got to TD the cut-ins! Yeah 2nd day already taking over...JK :) I declined TDing the noon newscast because the switcher is a little different and I didn't want to have a whole half hour to screw up...we are going to try that later this week.

So things are going well and once I get my internet connection back up I'll be able to keep you updated! Thanks for stopping by! :)

*Side note...I just got my work schedule for next week and I'm off this weekend so I'll be heading up to Westminnie to be a college kid one more time! I'm so excited to hang out with everyone and leaving the real world in the background for a few days.

3 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Wait 'til the network has breaking news during your shift.
That'll be fun!!!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

Glad to hear things are going well!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Megan said...

I'm so glad to hear everything's going well, you media professional :):) We miss u @ the apartment & can't wait to visit ya. Thanks for a GREAT time this weekend! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home