Fond farewell
Well after my 2 finals tomorrow (well technically today since they are in a few hours) I will be offically done with my time here at Westminster. I'm excited to get out into the business and get a job but I'm definitely sad to be leaving everyone behind.
This week in broadcasting I didn't really do much. I had my last days at WFMJ and everyone gave me great advice and was so nice to me. I was told that I can go in if I need to and make a tape or just stop in and say hi. At least that means that they liked me and I made a good impression...now if only a job would open up there :) But since my capstone is done I have been focusing on my liberal arts stuff and put broadcasting aside this week.
While I always complain that I'm jobless I'm technically not. I'm a freelancer for Media Quest in Greentree but I have to go in and shadow/train with people first before they can start using me for jobs. I'm still searching for a full time job but I'll take anything I can get at this point.
For my last article I found this about no more late fees at Blockbuster. Now I chose this because I'll be getting my wisdom teeth out on Thursday and watching movies is probably the only thing I'll be able to do....so that's why this article got my attention...Okay moving on. So basically there is not going to be any more late fees...there will still be a due date but if you can't return it and need an extra day it's no problem...now if you keep it too long you purchase it...and then you own it...but if you don't want to buy it you can return it in 30 days and get the money credited to your account. So if you're forgetful like me and need an extra day to remember things...you might still miss those important dates like birthdays or meetings with people but at least you won't have to be a late fee! :)
I hope you have enjoyed my blog...I'll be updating it from time to time once I start my "job" so especially all you capstone people...keep in touch...hey I'll be a media professional and you can even put me down as a reference :)

2 Comments:
haha thats awesome Amy D.
Good Luck! and definately keep in touch and keep updating!
Keep blogging! We'll keep the Internet open for you!
Good luck, Amy. I hope the capstones helped get you positioned for the big transition. Meanwhile we look forward to tracking what you're doing through your weblog.
Meanwhile-- will you be coming back for commencement? I hope so as I mentioned I have some lovely parting gifts for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home