Finishing up the 2nd round of capstone
So besides getting everything done for regular capstone (ie senior project) I also have to get my 602 requirements out of the way, mainly my presentation. As stated in my last entry
WHEN: DECEMBER 8th from 6 - 8pm
WHERE: MCC MUELLER THEATER
where I will be presenting my senior project and just talk about my years here at Westminster and my internships and so on.
I am almost completely done with my project. Director's track is done...highlights are together but need to be watched by someone for feedback and then polished for my presentation. My Steelers package...that's I'm doing at WFMJ is going really well. I got to cut my highlights last night and wrote part of my script. Mike Case was nice enough to take time out to read what I had so far and make some suggestions. I even have network footage of the game because there were some plays that we didn't have as a station. This week is scheduled right now to go onto the set and film my anchor intro and tag out along with rolling the tape as a VO for highlights. Hopefully it turns out okay because that's the piece I'm most excited about!!
Oh and the job search is still underway. I went with Westminster alum John Scott to a production company in Greentree called Media Quest and had an interview with them. Technically I'm in their database as a freelancer but I have a better shot of working with them if I go in the last week of the year and shadow what they do...that way I'm comfortable with the equipment and the staff knows me...then I can actually start working more with them. I'm also waiting to hear back from 2 stations (one in WV and one in NC) resumes were sent last week and I left a follow-up message just yesterday so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully after this weekend I'll have more good news to share...until then!

4 Comments:
the e-mail that Weaver sent out campus wide said that your presentation would be in Philips Lecture Hall so you might want to clear that up!
Good luck with the job search! Shadowing at that company could help you make contacts other places to, so that's a good idea.
never mind, he sent out a new one!
Getting into a freelance database is a good way to suppliment your income. Once people meet you and work with you, more and more calls will come your way.
Your presentation was great! Good luck with everything! We'll miss you!
Post a Comment
<< Home