Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Job search 2004 (602)

Okay so my exciting news for the day is that I have a connection that wants to see my resume tape. It's in a lower DMA (156 area) but it's for a directing position. I met the woman through Chuck at homecoming and see has a friend who is a news director. I had emailed my resume but she called me last night and asked for a tape because she's interested to see the work I've done. Now I understand this isn't anywhere close to a job offer but at least someone is interested about me....that's a start right? Anyway the people at WFMJ are so supportive that the one anchor called the director and set up a time that we could view it before I send it out since he has gone through the whole process. Oh I totally forgot to mention where the job was. PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA! I was slightly shocked at first because the woman was in Cleveland so I thought she would know someone around here. Like I said I know this isn't anything big (yet) but I guess I'm just a little relieved. I was scared that no one would be interested in my work so I'm seeing this as a positive step toward getting a job!

1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

In addition to contacts from faculty and staff, tap into your newtork via internships, etc. Check in with the folks at WQED as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home