Networking and jobs (602)
This week wasn't too broadcasting intense because there was no Coach's Corner this week and the Titans are off this weekend. But as always I worked at WFMJ. This week I went to some soccer games and did the normal highlights and script writing. The best thing I learned this week is that my photog John McClelland is the best job resource I have found yet. He has been in a lot of different markets and his wife is a producer in Cleveland. We were talking about where I was looking for a job since he knew I was graduating soon and ended up giving me a list of where he has worked that would be good entry-level markets. He also said if I had any questions to just ask him because he pretty much knows what market every station is in and he knows a lot of the news directors (or at least someone in management). I definitely glad that he is so willing to help because he gives me yet another outlet to network and get my name out there. I'll be talking more about this is my presentation on the 14th when I talk about my internship experience.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home