Monday, September 20, 2004

Not technology friendly

That was definitely the saying that fit these past couple days for me really well! I would like to think that between the technical and the talent sides of broadcasting I always felt better with the technical. Appearently this week was an exception. First off my class schedule is easy beyond belief...I mean I have wheelthrowing...c'mon people :) anyways...I always end up getting out of that class late so I rush into Coach's Corner. This week I forgot to check the clip for the graphics before the show started and we ended up not having graphics til half way through the show. I know that could have been prevented if I was there a few seconds earlier but time just wasn't on my side.
Now the other problem that happened wasn't anyone's fault but it still caused a lot of stress. During the Titan game our audio was having so many problems. During the 3rd quarter we had to use our radio announcers so that Chuck could fix Mackey's and Joe's mics. In the end everything got fixed and we found that it was the audio cord so it was nothing that we could have done to prevent it. So that was another day that technology hated me.
This weekend was definitely a learning experience because the one job that I was looking to apply for was an all technical position so if I want to have a chance in the real job market I'm going to have to become a better trouble shooter and more observant so I can fix things before they get out of hand.
Here's hoping that this week will be better...hey at least Coach's Corner will be upbeat because we actually won!! :) Back to my internship...check back soon...I'll have lots more to update on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home