Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My Career Goals: Short and Long Term

Okay so my short term goal right now is get a job since I only have til December before I'm on my own. *Scary!!!* Right now I'm trying to find what kind of job I want to look for. I'll take anything really but I would like to do more production than on air...but I'm prepared to do whatever to at least get into the business. I really love what I'm doing right now at WFMJ. I get to go to all sorts of sporting events and do highlights (this would require on air if it was a real job) but I also love being TD and director of stuff for the college.

Long term is easier for me to explain because I really don't want to do on air so producer/ director/ TD something like that would be my ultimate goal. I would love to move out of the "bubble" that I have been subjected to for the last 21 years of my life. Arizona is a place that I always wanted to go to. Tucson is a DMA 72 which is very possible to get a job in...Phoenix is a 15 so that wouldn't be the place to start, I would have to work my way up. But I don't know if I would like a big station...but that could change.

In summary I have no clue what I want to do at this moment except find a job that will get me into the business. I would like to get to Arizona, preferrably Tucson and work as a producer / director/ something. Those are my goals...but they'll probably change in the next few weeks but I can't make decisions. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

You've got some focus with these goals and you're positioning yourself for opportunities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home