Friday, September 03, 2004

Final update...this week

Okay so here is the third part of my post from yesterday. This is the link http://news.com.com/Disney+delays+MovieBeam+expansion/2100-1025_3-5343597.html?tag=nefd.top

I first noticed it because it talked about VOD which is video on demand. WFMJ has VOD feeds so sports can get highlights or kickers from other NBC channels because they can't film every game all the time. So since this was a topic I was pretty familiar with I found it interesting.
Basically what this article says is that Disney is trying to get in on all the new digital technology and is basically starting a video service much like on demand which is big on Comcast right now. This "MovieBeam" will let you pick and store up to 100 movies and be able to watch them like a DVD...pause, rewind, you get the idea.
Well I don't know about you but this "new" technology really doesn't impress me all that much. I mean I like the fact that it's become available like in the broadcasting industry but is our society really becoming that lazy that we need to get a box that will send us our movies? What about going out with family or friends for a night to go out and see a movie? Maybe I'm making assumptions but I don't see why we need yet another piece of technology that is going to keep us locked up in our homes.
So that's the link with my thoughts....Tune in next week...there will be lots of football stories and probably another article of some sort.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

it took me a while but i figured out how to hide the link under text, so it doesn't stretch out past the pretty colored block...anyway i can show you if you want! Or Pat can, he knows more than I do about these blogs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home