Friday, September 17, 2004

Weekly update

So what have I been doing with my life this week you ask? Well it's definitely been filled with boradcasting events...
First I have had 2 Coach's Corner shows. They have been okay for the first shows of the semester but we still have some work to do to get it back to where we ended last year. I think the show has great potential...everyone is really dedicated and trying their best. Luckily I have an awesome crew.
Second we had our first home game for Titan crew. It went well...home games are a little crazier because I dance during halftime but Heather did a great job taking over and the rest of the crew made adjustments so everything went smoothly. Also our crew did the PCN game and that went really well...my family got to watch it on Saturday so that was nice since they don't get to see my work that much.

My goal is to get a job...I was visiting the sites for Arizona stations and there were 2 positions that looked interesting but I think I need to start somewhere smaller before I apply there.

Lastly the wonderful article summary that enlightens your brain :) This
article really illustrates how confusing technology is becoming. With HDTV and TiVo and all the new accessories you can have it's really confusing...not to mention expensive to stay on top of everything. Basically the article just gave examples of how people are spending lots of money on equipment that they don't understand and they end up getting the wrong thing so it's basically a waste. Since digital and HDTV are on the rise the normal TV that you have in your house will soon be out dated...unless you don't mind the poorer quality picture. So that's basically the idea...people are not well informed and equipment is super expensive because of all the new technology.

Hope you enjoyed this entry...I'll be leaving more updates so that you always know what's going on in my life. :)

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Check in with Justin about the problems you've had pop up with CC-- he might have some suggesttions.

I really like the TV Predictions site. HDTV doesn't seem to be taking off much-- and I was in a bunch of grad courses in the mid '90s that predicted we'd have all this by 2002--looks like it may be more like 2010.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home